Prepping Our Crib!

A very exciting package arrived in the mail recently!!DSC_0307


That’s right– our first purchase for the baby– the CRIB!!!– is here!

I love the look of four poster cribs but they’re usually so expensive so we settled on this one made by Delta:

crib from google images


It was only $171 but it wasn’t exactly what we were looking for… since we’re not finding out the gender of the baby, I didn’t want anything like roses on the ends (see how they’re on the top and bottom of the sides?).  We decided to buy it anyway and David got to work taking the roses off ASAP!


He used a putty knife, a flathead screwdriver, and a heat gun to get the embellishments off.  Turns out they were glued on (yeah, not the highest quality roses anyway) and sanding them off, as he originally was planning to do, would have been a waste of time.DSC_0309


They came off quite nicely.DSC_0314


After only about ten minutes, all the roses were off but the glue left some residue.DSC_0316



So, he got some good old fashioned sandpaper and smoothed it all out!DSC_0318I don’t really care about how it looks because we’re planning on painting it anyway, but now at least it’s nice and smooth– and rose-free!

I know I’m going to use CeCe Caldwell paint again on the nursery furniture… now the fun part is deciding what color!  Stay tuned… 🙂


2 thoughts on “Prepping Our Crib!”

  1. great way to save money… And it will look just as great, I’ll bet. Sooo smart. Cannot wait to see the color…

    1. Thank you! It ended up looking as though those roses were never there once we painted it (thank goodness). Now I just can’t wait to see a baby inside of it!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top